The application for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2018 is closed. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection process by March 2018 the latest.
The Scholarship Programme is a 5 week further training program taking place every year in July - August in Vienna in the frame of ImPulsTanz - Vienna International Dance Festival.
The Program offers young professional dancers and choreographers from mainly European but also non-European countries the possibility to take part in an intense multinational further training program.
The program focuses on the exchange of ideas and knowledge, not limited by national borders, on concentrated further training, on meeting with internationally renowned artists gathering at ImPulsTanz with the aim to orient the career of the participants.
In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the scholarship recipients are accompanied each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years.
Over 1200 young professional dancers and choreographers from over 87 countries have been part of this program since its creation in 1996.
A participation in the danceWEB Scholarship Programme is possible through an application and selection process.
The online application is available from October on until mid December each year on this website. Out of approximately 1000 applications each year an (international) jury of dance and performance experts selects around 200 applications that are passed on to the final selection round.
The danceWEB mentor(s) of the program then choses the final danceWEB scholarship recipients.
A scholarship includes the following free services:
- free participation in the ImPulsTanz Research Projects (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- free participation in the ImPulsTanz technique workshops
- free admission to all performances of ImPulsTanz
- free accommodation in Vienna for the entire duration of the program (5 weeks)
- artistic accompaniment by the artistic mentors
- exchange of ideas and contact with the international guests at ImPulsTanz
- representation in the yearly growing, international danceWEB-database
- opportunity of building up international networks
The scholarship does not include travel, per diem, visa and insurance expenses! These expenses need to be covered by the scholarship recipients themselves!
If selected for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme, the scholarship recipients still need to find a financial contribution (EUR 2.150,-) to their total scholarship expenses from national/regional funding institutions in their home country/country of residence in order to secure their participations.
- 11.07.18 - 15.08.18 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2018 MORE
- 12.07.17 - 16.08.17 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2017 MORE
- 13.07.16 - 17.08.16 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2016 MORE
- 15.07.15 - 19.08.15 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2015 MORE
- 16.07.14 - 20.08.14 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2014 MORE
- 10.07.13 - 14.08.13 danceWEB Scholarship Programme 2013 MORE
danceWEB Scholarship Programme Editions
danceWEB Scholarship mentors
2013 _Ivo Dimchev, Bulgaria
2012 _Benoît Lachambre, Canada & Robin Poitras, Canada
2011 _Boyzie Cekwana, South Africa & Isabelle Schad, Germany
2010 _Sarah Michelson (USA/UK) & Yasuko Yokoshi (USA/Japan)
2009 _Philipp Gehmacher, Austria & Christine de Smedt, Belgium
2008 _DD Dorvillier & Trajal Harrell, USA
2007 _Jonathan Burrows & Adrian Heathfield, UK
2006 _Mathilde Monnier & Loïc Touzé, France
2005 _David Zambrano, The Netherlands
2004 _Mark Tompkins, USA
2003 _Ko Murobushi, Japan
2002 _Vera Mantero, Portugal
2001 _Mark Tompkins, France
2000 _Emio Greco, Italy & Pieter C. Scholten, The Netherlands
1999 _Emio Greco, Italy & Pieter C. Scholten, The Netherlands
1998 _Jorma Uotinen, Finland
1997 _Ismael Ivo, Germany & Susanne Linke, Germany