ATLAS – CREATE YOUR DANCE TRAILS 2022
Choreographic Training Programme
6 July–10 August 2022
ATLAS – create your dance trails is a module-based training programme embedded in the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. It offers both artists with first choreographic experiences and mid-career artist in different disciplines, a dynamic environment to intensively work on their artistic development. The programme is designed to address two of the most central needs of artists: On the one hand, to have access to studio space for research and project development and on the other hand, to gain new input through individual training programmes, by visiting a broad range of international dance productions and through exchanging with artists from more than 100 countries as well as through peer-to-peer exchange within the ATLAS group.
An ATLAS coach will accompany the participants’ works dramaturgically during the programme. In 2022, the dance dramaturge Guy Cools will once again be the ATLAS coach. In the motivation letter of the application the participants are invited to describe the project or research they want to work on during their stay.In addition, an ATLAS assistant will support the participants with the preparation and organisation of their stay.
Workshop & Research Module
• A 3-day workshop with the ATLAS coach
• 10 ImPulsTanz workshops or 8 ImPulsTanz workshops and 1 field project
• 50 % discount on all further workshops
• 20 tickets for ImPulsTanz performances
• Reduction on all further performances
Rehearsal & Workspace Module
• Studio space with 3 studios exclusively for the ATLAS group
• Personal artistic coaching (at least two individual sessions)
• Regular exchange and feedback sessions within the ATLAS group (depending on the needs of the participants)
• Meetings with choreographers of the [8:tension] Young Choreographers’ Series
• Final showing(s) at the end of the festival: studio presentation for peers
• Final feedback talk with the ATLAS coach
• At the end of the programme, all participants receive an ATLAS certificate
• Accommodation in Vienna
• Discount on the dish of the day at the cafeteria of the ImPulsTanz workshop centre Arsenal
• ImPulsTanz bike for the duration of the stay or alternatively a monthly ticket for public transport
• Free admission to both ImPulsTanz parties
Costs & Application
The participation fee is 2,600 euro (with the friendly support of the EU network
LIFE LONG BURNING – Towards a sustainable eco system for contemporary dance in Europe).
For a binding participation an advance payment of 800 euro must be made no later than two weeks after the acceptance to the programme. Participants must be of legal age.
To apply, please send the completed application form, a CV, a motivation letter with project description and a portrait photo via e-mail to atlas(at)impulstanz.com. We will inform the applicants within 14 days on the acceptance or refusal. A jury will select the maximum of 20 participants. After receiving the advance payment or the full amount of the participation fee, we will send a confirmation of participation.
In addition, the ATLAS assistant will gladly provide you with an official invitation letter from ImPulsTanz and support you in your endeavours with funding applications for grants and financial support.
31 March 2022, 12:00 noon CET
Participation fee does not include
• Travel expenses
• Visa costs
• Health insurance